Sunday, April 15, 2012

FREEEEEEEEDOMMMMM

Hello Internet!

I'm finding it more and more difficult to focus on classes I don't need to graduate* (le Francais) and that I'm not taking the AP exam for (Economics). It doesn't help that the majority of my homework is between these two classes (and AP lit, in which I am experiencing the precise opposite to apathy, ie: rage), and I can see no real reason to do any of it.

With that all in mind, it's time to do countdowns to FREEEEEEEEDOMMMMM!
  • 23 attendance days of school (technically 22, as I should not have to go to the last day of senior finals)
  • 23 actual days until Calc BC exam (my first exam)
  • 24 actual days until AP lit exam
  • 28 actual days until AP Music Theory exam
  • 29 actual days until AP French exam (my last, and only afternoon exam)
  • 8 days until my last high school jazz band concert
  • 19 days until prom
  • 23 days until my last high school music performance EVER *tear*
  • 34 days until commencement =D
And just for kicks:
  • 67 days until orientation, which, from the description given to me over the phone by one of the staff at the school, seems to involve traipsing around the city with the entire freshman class (yay small school!), and then everyone sleeping in the dorms overnight (which seems like it might be code for "freshman class sleepover", but I have no clue, so don't hold me to it). I'm uber-excited.

~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*I don't need music theory to graduate, nor am I likely to get credit from the exam (though I am taking it), but it gets exempted because it is the only class I think I've ever liked getting homework in. Also, I ace** that class with practically no effort (I got a 39.9/40 on our last test, the .1 off was due to me, not thinking too clearly, writing the Eb key in bass clef as Bb, Eb, Cb [clearly, my mind thought I was in treble clef for that last note]).

**We shall ignore how bad I am at dictation for a moment to let me be proud of my written theory skillz

Perhaps I shall post another blog post soon about music theory, because it seems I can certainly go on about it.

PS: I totally posted this on the wrong blog and had to go and fix that. Ooopsidaisy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Hope you did well on your exams!!

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)