Saturday, July 31, 2010

Going to Band Camp!

Hi Guys!

First I want to say that it is so cool that two more people are following this. I mean, I personally am fine with writing to myself, as I view this place as more of a place where I can say whatever and nobody can do anything about it. But this is still awesome. And I'm wondering if any of you could say how you found this? I'm curious.

Alright, so I am going to band camp for the first time ever (I don't count the "camp" at my old school, because we only stayed over one night, so it was just like when we normally did all day rehearsals). And I needed some stuff for it, so we went on an adventure to target, where I came back with bug spray, sun screen, a half inch binder (which has one of those slip covers to put a picture in), pencils, shampoo, double sided stickies (to put up my posters in my room), and dry erase markers (because mine are all dead). I am quite happy to have pencils again, because they are these really nice mechanical pencils, and they are the only mechanical pencils I will use, and I lost two of mine and my third is out of lead, so I got more.

I have put off putting things away in my room for far too long. My basic reasoning right now for procrastinating, is that there is a glass top to my dresser I need to put on before I can empty one of my boxes (filled with stuff that goes on the dresser), and the other three boxes are books. I also need to figure out where to put my doll thing (it's has a pull out bed, and it has a closet on one side, a drawer under the bed, and a sort of powder room on the other side) because it was residing in one of our extra closets in our old house. I also plan to organize my books better this time, which means going through and organizing. Plus I need to take down some decorative shelves from my wall so I can put another bookshelf up (one of my boxes of books was a box of books long before we moved). And I have to post the cork board I kidnapped from storage or take it back downstairs. And I have to figure out what to do with my little tv that I don't even use.

So basically, I might (but very likely won't) work on my room some today if my mom helps me put the glass top on m dresser. But no matter what it has to be done the day after I get back from band camp, because I want one of my friends to stay over Wednesday. So my room is turning into a stress bubble.

In other news, I got my class schedule, and magically ended up in drivers ed even though the counselor said there was some issue, so yay for being able to get my permit now! I plan on crashing into something on the first day ;)

Now I'm going to go either write a bit, or draw a picture to go in my binder cover, or get my bag ready for camp.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: I just remembered, that my friend and I texted for ten hours straight the day after her birthday just because. We were going to try for 24, but there was failure in the form of caring more about sleep at 2:25 then 24 hours of texting.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I think I found you through a comment on Kristina's blog or something? I was just looking at lots of blogs, and this one was interesting.
Band camp is lots of fun.
"I plan on crashing into something on the first day" <-- that seems like a really good plan. I get my permit in a few weeks, and I shall be trying that also.

anne said...

Oh, have fun at band camp! I'm jealous, ours is never overnight.
I found yours...I don't know. I think I clicked because your name was band related of course!

Jess said...

I'm one of the two new people. Hi. :)

And I found you from some comment on some blog. Every once in a while I randomly click on someone's link on another blog's comments and see if I like their stuff.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)