Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First BEDA post

I promise I am totally doing BEDA (I dunno if I've mentioned this before). I just gave myself three days off for band camp. But I am home now, and totally ready to write a blog every day in August!

The fact that I'm doing BEDA kinda reminds me that I very recently went through a phase of stalking Maureen Johnson. Which is to say I read through all her blogs, was refreshing her twitter page about every five minutes, and even sent her an email. I think my stalking phase is over now that I've had band camp to take me from her for three days.

BAND CAMP!!! Oh gosh. It was amazing. I mean, the first day, I introduced my roommate to AVPM. And then we managed to get through basics and our pregame show (though it's only two sets) in the first day. Then the second day we set our entire first song for halftime. And the third day we fixed things for the parent performance. But I'm just amazed we managed so much. At my old band (which I still love very very much), we spent basically all summer on basics I think.

Also, I am completely amazed that by the end of three days I was able to hit a high F on trombone. I haven't played trombone since freshman jazz band, and I have first part on things, so basically I was dieing at the hands of my instrument, but now I can play most of the songs (the second one completely sucks, which is why I can't really play it), and I am just incredibly excited.

And, I signed up for the audition materials for the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps. It's not at all that I think I have a chance, it's just that I think going to the audition camp would be fun, and if I got in, it would be amazing. Although, my feet will possibly strangle me in my sleep if I actually manage to go, because they are in so much pain now, and I can only imagine a DCI camp would hurt my feet more.

Ok, I am going to go watch some more friends (I've started it from the beginning, because I was reading TV Tropes, was on the friends page, and realized that growing up I only really saw the end of the show).
-Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek.

PS: I wrote a fanfic very recently called Dinner at Harry and Ginny's as a birthday present for my friend (it has all her favorite characters in it), and it's a very light ficlet, but if you're interested here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)