Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pauline

I'd like to welcome you to my friend Pauline's poetry. It is not precisely poetry because the meaning isn't hidden, and there isn't any set way that it should go (syllables, rhyming, ect). I think technically poetry has to have one of these things going on, but here is one of the most beautiful things I've read in a while:
My goal,
ultimately,
is to do something
... great--
at least,
great in
my own mind.
But before I
achieve
my goals,
let me be
ordinary.
Let me
lay in my bed
and cry
over boys
and bad grades
and the future.
Let me worry,
let me fail,
let me fall.
Let me sit on my couch,
eat my
macaroni.
Let me
go out with friends
on Friday nights
and stay home and read
on Saturday nights.
Let me sing,
let me play,
let me portray.
Let me be
a teenager.
Let me believe
and question.
Then let me
abandon my goal
and, instead,
find
happiness.
Anyways, I'm in the process of convincing her to make a blogger, so if* she does there will be a link HERE, so that you may join me in reading some more of her wonderfulness.

And uh, I guess I wrote some poetry earlier today that I was going to post, but I think mine rather pales in comparison, so if you would like to read some poetry that isn't as good, and is far more depressing than uplifting you may click here.

I will try to post tomorrow!
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*Right before I am about to post this, she says she is working on it**, so there should be a link soonish! =)
**Link is now there... obviously. However she has yet to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)