Saturday, August 27, 2011

Insert title here

So I got a free, month long hulu plus membership (it's going to start charging my card if I don't cancel by Sep 25th, so someone needs to remind me, I'm bound to forget), and I've been using it to catch up on bones, because all of the sudden (I have no memory as to how I found this out) Brennan got pregnant, and her and Booth are a freaking couple. HOW DID I MISS THIS.

This is why you stick with a show, no matter how crappy it is getting. The episodes leading up to that plot point have been excellent. I quit just when it started getting good again. Lesson learned. Season seven will probably be much more like season three. That was a beautiful season... *sigh*

School is going... well... it's going?

I like AP econ, the teacher is funny, the topic isn't my cuppa tea, but it's relatively easy. Way less homework than I've had in a SS class for ages.

English is just dull. No way around it. My teacher is very judgmental, and I'm questioning if I'm willing to actually take this AP test. The problem is that it actually would be a good class to have for college, because I would be getting out of a class by passing. We already had a timed writing on Thursday. I will trudge through this hell.

I am loving music theory. It's making me think, but it's not hard (thus far). Next we're doing rhythm, which will be easy, and then chords. It's going to be really easy for me to pass with an A, because we get to turn in assignments until we get them right. And so far all of my corrections have been right on the first go. I definitely am going for the right major.

My study hall sucks. I don't need an applied arts class (long, but wonderfully happy story that perhaps I can go over tomorrow), so I'm in a study hall until October. I love my French teacher, but she has the worst study hall in the world.

Band is band. We're marching, which I like/dislike. (side bar: people keep complaining to me about not playing sousa. I keep feeling more and more guilty and like I made the worst decision ever. It would be easier if people would just shut up about how much better I'd do than Sam. I'm going to strangle the next person who complains to me.*) I'm excited to start my lessons again. We got the jazz band audition music as well, and it's really easy, so I'm excited. Auditions are on the fifth, and then rehearsals should be every Monday after that. Just a few months to concert band #mantras.

I am continually surprised at how much I know in French. The class is just in French (or at least, Madam is really trying to make it that way), and I'm understanding almost everything. I really just think it's vocabulary building that I need to work on. And then the AP test now includes culture, so we'll be learning lots about that. A-flash-carding we go!

Calc is easy so far. We're doing a chapter that we covered last year. What's pissing me off is that my dad can't do his college algebra homework on his own. Or work his graphing calculator... I've gotten through a lot of math without his help, so I really wish he didn't need mine.

Actually, I'm way closer to a degree than my dad is right now. I'm a year ahead of him in math. We've taken the same level English classes. I've got more social science classes than him. And I know more French than he knows Spanish (he started a week ago, which I obviously did not). It's kind of weird.

I feel like talking more, but I have nothing else really to say.

I'm going to go watch another episode of bones before I go to sleep.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*I wasn't sure about doing a sidebar to a side bar, but I should at least mention, that one thing that's actually justifying my decision to not play sousa is that my shoulder has been killing me lately. I think I really should get a new backpack with better padding. Of course, I think the real reason it started up again was because all summer I was over stuffing my shoulder bag with homework and books I was reading nearly everywhere I went. Either way, my shoulder hurts.

PS: TV is starting soon! But I need to get the dates for when everything starts. And rewatch some fringe before I start the new season. And watch more heroes, and doctor who... So much television, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)