Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dreamline?

So Alex Day (aka: nerimon, aka: the one everyone thinks is shacking up with Charlie McDonnel* [aka: charlieissocoollike]) does this thing every three months called a dream line. Basically he sets... not necessarily goals, though some things are goals, but more just things he wants to have happen. It's a way of just sort of analyzing your life and setting yourself up to be where you want to be.

Anyways, like any great idea, someone has to steal it (and honestly, I doubt Alex came up with it on his own anyways), so I will be doing that now please and thank you.

I now present my dreamline:

Do well on my audition for Butler and get a music scholarship.
~This should hopefully be rather obvious. I'm applying there, my audition is in February, and I'd rather like to do well at it. Butler has actually already offered me a scholarship based on my academics that has made the cost, thus far, equal to that of the other school I auditioned for** (though I have not gotten anything about admission yet because it's been winter break and whatnot, so that's on the up and up). And the whole factor of an extra year of school's cost was definitely a big one. So a music scholarship on top of that... well who knows?

Dye my hair an unnatural color.
~This I have actually been planning on doing for ages as my reward for getting through auditions and thus no longer needing to look like teacher material. I'm not planning on dying all of it. Right now I think I'll probably just do the front of my hair or streaks if I don't end up getting bangs before I dye my hair. Still not sure about the color. Just not pink, because I've already done that, and not green, because that would be ugly.

Make flash cards for AP exams.
~I tell myself I'm going to do this every damn year, and I never do unless I'm doing it by the time that it's far too late. And considering that I'm taking six AP exams this year compared to the one I took sophomore year, and the two I took last year, I think flashcards are probably a lot more necessary.

Get a I at solo and ensemble competition.
~Because I take private lessons, I have to do a solo. Because this is my last year and all, I figure I should do it justice and get the highest rating possible, don't you?

Not stress out like crazy.
~Sure, the straight A's I've attained this semester are just insanely awesome, but I'm doing a lot more this semester and I'd really like to stop going to see the stupid psychologist*** and the only way for that to happen is if I don't stress out and attain another mental break down. So this semester, I don't need to get straight A's (if they happen, great. If they don't, it's not the end of the world) while I'm doing jazz band, winter guard, pit band, pep band and math team.


There are a zillion other things I'm thinking of adding to this list now. For example: I've gained two pant sizes in four months because of stress eating - that might be nice to fix. However, I think my main focus right now should just be getting into college and setting myself up to do it well, while not having another complete meltdown.

So yeah, that's my dreamline.

Oh shit >_< I've just remembered one more thing I was going to add:
Turn 17 and be awesome at it.
~No explanation needed =)


Wishing you well with your own next three months
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*I doubt anyone actually thinks this, I just know they are shipped together because they live together and have this perfectly awesome bromance, which is fine, they're both straight, nothing wrong with that.****
**Butler's degree takes five year, the other school's degree takes four years. So I'd still need to take into account foregone income and stuff like that, but there's a really good chance I could make Butler insanely cheap comparatively. (You can tell that I'm worried about paying for college, can't you?).
***I had a mental breakdown a couple months ago. I nearly swallowed some pills. My friends talked me out of it. I'm doing better. The psychologist annoys me because it's a waste of an hour I could spend doing homework, or something relaxing which actually helps with the stress, rather than this stupid wasted hour that I sometimes insanely need.
****It occurs to me that I've just implied gay is more normal than straight. I think we can all agree both are normal and leave it at that, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)