Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Capitalization for the WIN

Ok, so according to the USDA's calculators, which seem to calculate everything from breathing to power lifting as burning calories, I have an energy requirement of 3136 calories. What?? I admit that some days I don't eat as much as I should (which means that I'm supposedly loosing 1200 calories a day, which also cannot be right), and some days I skip out on meat, and most days I skip out on the fruits and veggies, but this still cannot be accurate!

Just another reason why things in health class annoy me.

So somebody in my school got TB and now more people are getting TB and now they're testing everyone at the school. Isn't that fantabulous? Coughing up BLOOD? I'm so excited! (see: sarcasm).

I just realized that I'm not going to be doing anything in concert band tomorrow (my teacher has to go to a music department meeting, and she decided she didn't trust us enough to do anything but sit and watch fantasia), and I won't be doing anything in honors band until Tuesday at the earliest (this is due to a series of events that decrees I be in both bands -graded in honors, but then my teacher was awesome and put me into an ensemble with one of my friends in concert band and three other people, which also allows me to not only be with my friend during class, but EAT with my friends during the honors band period). Now pairing this doing nothing with the fact that I don't have any history hw (for possibly the first time EVER) and I have nothing to do tomorrow for two periods except for hw due Friday, which means that I might not have any hw Thursday night, which means no homework until SUNDAY! YEAHHHHH!

If you followed that, you are a god, because I'm not even sure I can follow that. Do you think I go into unsubstantial tangents too often?

My neck is stiff. I blame winter guard. We have a performance Friday. Then just one at the St Baldrick's charity head shave event and we're done. Heck of a lot of work for only three performances =/ stupid snow.

All of that snow is supposed to MELT later this week because it's going to be 38 degrees. Is it so crazy that I want to wear a sun dress that day? Is IT?

Question: Do you think I've started using Maureen Johnson's habit of capitalizing seemingly RANDOM words too much? I don't think so, I think I do it PERFECTLY. But I'm starting to think that it's too hard to even figure out why I am capitalizing certain words.

How's that for a meaningless update? *nods head*
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: On the MJ thing, I suppose my emulating her means that I like her style now that I think of it. And I am perfectly ok with that. Actually, I am totally AWESOME with that.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

The capitalization of MELT really did remind me of MJ. She seems to overemphasize verbs.

I kind of followed it, except I don't know how your school/classes work so that's confusing.

I have no homework tonight also. I've been doing a lab report the last few days. And APUSH. And poetry, but that doesn't count. And now I have nothing...it's relaxing.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)