Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This Will Never End



I've been putting off making this blog post for a while. I've wanted to write it for weeks, but then I found out I wasn't going at midnight, and then on Sunday, once my plans had been completely made to see it at midnight anyway (I'm going to visit Courtney at her sister's house, and we are going at midnight, and then she is taking me back the next morning, and my dad had already agreed before he realized what night it was so I'm in) I decided I would write this the next day. Then the power went out because of a mondo storm. So here I am.

People are freaking out over "the end of Harry Potter" but here's the thing, everyone did that for the books. They freaked out, and then they realized there would be the movies, and that the community completely outweighs the lack of new material. Yes, the fandom has died down a bit, but it's still there, and I think that the people that are here, right now, in this fandom, they are not going anywhere. We are a group as tight knit as any. We have bands and cosplay and fanfiction and forums and unofficial rpg sites and friendship.

Not only that, but this isn't the end. Pottermore is coming. That is enough to keep me from breaking down about how sad this is. I am going to be able to explore the world like nobody's business. We might FINALLY know the names of those two remaining Gryffindor girls in Harry's year! (that seems completely silly, but trust me, it is major for me. Now there will be fanfiction about two girls who matter to the storyline in no way whatsoever. YAY!) We will know if any of the professors are married, or just....

Really, the wealth of knowledge waiting is enough to keep me there.

And then we must go on to some recent statements of JK Rowling. She used to, before the 7th book was coming out say, anytime that she was asked, that there would never be more Potter books. Now, she says you never know. The idea that there could be a book or books about Albus and Scorpius makes me happy.

So while I am going to go through the nostalgia for these next few days, rereading the rest of HP (I'm in the middle of the 4th. I might have to skip the 5th. I can't skip the 6th, cuz it always comes as a package with the 7th to me, and I'd be stupid to skip the 7th.) I'm going to watch HP7P1 again, and my ipod will be exclusively playing wrock for the next few days. But it's not over, it will never be over, and I can't wait for what the future brings this fandom.

Also, I know that you don't dedicate blog posts, but this one needs to be dedicated to Kat (thanks for the Jacket) and Courtney (thanks for convincing your parents to come early enough to let you see this last movie with me). You two just... you know why this post is dedicated to you.

~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)