Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All These Things That I've Done

Right now, I need to write one and a half essays, answer two (and another due next week) sets of questions, and makeup a test for English. I will probably finish English and one or two sets of questions tonight. After school I was going to retake the test, but my teacher had to go to a meeting. And of course, if I am to trust my friend at least, she's not going to be at school for the rest of the week.

In the meantime, I am grounded. Grounded doesn't particularly mean much, because tonight I'm going to go to band practice (all I lost was hang out time with Ashley after school). Tomorrow I'm gonna still be able to use the TV (especially since I plan on showing my dad everything I'm turning in. Thursday I will still have my concert. Friday will be whatever it turns out to be. Saturday night I will be at the band banquet, and see Corey for the last time... And Sunday I will probably have a phone conversation late at night.

I should actually be working on my English right now (I was sent up to my room and away from the tv to do it), but I'm feeling lazy. Much more likely, I will do my French tonight, and finish the essay I'm working on. Then tomorrow I will bring my laptop to school for the third time this week and write another essay, and work on the questions.

At tonight's rehearsal, I should be seeing my old lesson instructor Mr. Willis again, which is great because I don't know how to tune the Bb part of the French Horn that I've been using in class. I'm so nervous for this concert. Whenever we're in class, I screw up on horn. Usually it's because I hit the wrong note (although one time it was pretty awesome, because I was like a fifth above of these notes that were already really high without meaning to be). It doesn't help that this kid who is basically our trombone god asked if he could use my horn because he has his own mouthpiece, and I said sure, and he proceeded to be incredibly kick ass on it despite NEVER playing before =( Speaking of trombone god: our ensemble piece for the low brass is gonna suck, and I'm simply embarrassed. Oh, and then, I got completely lost in beauty and the beast today, because we rarely play it, and then Ashton distracted me by asking where we were during intermezzo of First Suite and I got completely lost. This is not going to end well.

Ok, so I'm going to just do my French homework now, so that I can focus entirely on English when I get back from band practice... or slack off and feel really bad about myself tomorrow as well. *sigh*

See you sometime!
-Jess the Nerdfighting Bandgeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)