Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tomorrow is gonna rock

So my dad, he can be an asshole, but he can also be freaking awesome. He's letting me off the hook for my F (now a slightly respectable D) in English as long as I show him all of the late work I have left to turn in, which is awesome, because I need to write one essay, and I finally looked at the questions I have to do for The War Between The Classes, and it is ridiculously easy, so I can do each of those by ten, then email everything to my dad. And, because I'm off the hook, I get to have one on one time with Corey after school, before the concert. And what's even better is that it's a Thursday, and HI has furlough Fridays, so I don't have to do my homework for any of the time we're hanging out, and thusly, we can hang around target or the NEX or KMart instead of at starbucks (cuz me and Corey sitting around in a starbucks, while perfectly fine for when I'm with Ashley, is just not a good idea if you want to have fun).

Tomorrow is my concert, uber worried I will suck, but also getting that pre-concert jitter of anticipation. I like preforming, and I like playing in a group (alone, not so much), so a concert is just my cuppa tea. Plus, I get to play the following on tuba: my low brass ensemble (which will suck, but can't do anything now really...), an arrangement of four of the shaker songs, beauty and the beast, and first suite in E-flat for military band. And I get to play the following for horn: amazing grace, philip bliss, and shenandoah.

First suite is awesome, because low brass start, and get to play the melody in the first movement, and for some reason, I love that melody (no matter how simplistic it is). I like beauty and the beast because it's just hard enough that I'll pull out all the stops when we preform. And this is the third time I've played any shaker songs, so it's a nice tradition to keep. In amazing grace, I get the melody, but not a crazy amount of it, so it's comfortable. In Philip Bliss I have a solo with one of the trumpets, that I worked really hard on when I first got it (fingers crossed that I'll hit all the notes). And shenandoah is not my favorite, and is somewhat scary because it's being conducted by one of the seniors, but I share the melody with the saxes, when I do have it, so when I hit the wrong note, I know instantly.

Basically, I should be getting back to my English if I want tomorrow to be as amazing as it should be.

Laters,
Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek (copyright pending)

PS: I feel I should make a note that I am not playing all of the things I play on tuba, and then playing all the things I play on horn, they will be in whatever order they end up in. This is, of course, and effort to get me more exercise by making me move seats and bring my stand with me very frequently, and and effort to make sure that my lips do not work by the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)