Sunday, October 24, 2010

PANTS

I am buying PANTS today. You have no idea how much this excites me. I will now list why this excites me.

1) Fall is cold, and pants are warm
2) I only own 5 pairs of pants. The rest of my clothes are summery skirts
3) We are going to old navy. I like old navy.
4) I can look at more skirts as well
5) and maybe some long sleeve shirts
6) tights or leggings?
7) maybe some flats...
8) Ooh, how about a sweatshirt?

Quite obviously, I have not been fall shopping in a while. And though I am not normally the shopping type, I can be a little excited right?? I mean, I haven't been able to get a proper new set of clothes in a while. It's always just a tee-shirt or a skirt or a dress every once in a while. Plus, I realized about a week ago that all of my shirts are either red, green, grey or baggy (ex: show shirts, baseball tshirts, in and out burger shirts...). I personally like blue, but I only have one shirt. Orange and yellow I can do without. And a spot of purple might be nice. I mean, in order to wear purple earlier this week in recognition of those who committed suicide because of gay bullying I had to steal my mom's purple hoodie.

Oh, a couple other reasons I am excited for pants:

9) Old Navy is next to the bookstore.
10) I need to buy the crucible.
11) After I buy the crucible, I can lurk through the YA books.

Oh gosh, and I get to buy a new fleece jacket soon, and then a winter coat and gloves and a hat.

I'm really not normally this excited for clothes. I swear. It's just nice to have new things every once in a while.

Plus, I think the greatest thing about this all for me is that soon there will be SNOW. I haven't seen snow in three years. I'm EXCITED.

Is there anyone else who shares my normal aversion to clothes except in rare cases? What are those rare cases? I want to know.

Now I must go, because I have to print a borders coupon and see if my pants are out of the dryer so I can venture into the world.

Hope your weekend has been relaxing and/or fun!
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: In order to keep track of my NaNoWriMo without turning this blog into a NaNoWriMo blog for a month, I have created this blog: http://50kisinsane.blogspot.com/ I am going to make my first post on there today. And I promise not to utter the word NaNoWriMo on this blog in order to maintain my sanity, and possibly yours.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I went shopping today and got a few long sleeve shirts and a sweater. I needed some warmer clothes.
I'm amused by your excitement over snow.

Jessamyn said...

You would be excited about snow if you hadn't seen it in three years. Snow either means days spent playing in the snow, or sitting in a cozy chair with a blanket, a good view of outside, hot chocolate, and a book. Snow is AMAZING.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)