Sunday, September 12, 2010

Food and Homecoming.

I did all of my homework and cleaned my room before noon yesterday (saturday), leading to me having no idea what to do with myself. I mean, I still have some studying to do, but I basically have been free for 24 hours. It's simply amazing.

So yesterday we drove down to Chicago, and on the way back I realized that my school is right by this BP/McDonalds Combo that is right next to a Culver's. This is way awesome, because it increases my things to do after school with friends from just little ceasers, starbucks, baskin robins, and soon to be Chipotle (although I am SUPER excited about chipotle. No longer will there be driving for a half hour to get to my love <3 href="http://insanity-is-i.livejournal.com/2509.html">ode to burrito bowl, it's on my old livejournal]). So because of this relevation, I think that after school Friday I will find someone to hang out with at culver's before the game, and eat chili cheese fries and ice cream! (I've never tried chili cheese fries with ice cream, but I've dipped cheese fries into a malt at Johnny Rocket's. SO GOOD).

Oh, and homecoming is in two weeks, and I am going this time! Freshman year my friends and I figured it was a waste of money, and I think that as freshmen, it would have been. Sophomore year we had a band competition the same day. But this year I am going! And I might be bringing Maddy as my "date", she hasn't been to a homecoming yet either. But if not I'm pretty sure my freshmen friends are going, so I'd go with them. One of my friends was trying to tell me that guys ask random girls to these dances all the time (cuz he asked me if anyone had asked me, and I told him that considering he knew all the guys I knew, he would know), which is completely absurd to me, because this has never been my experience, has anyone else seen this?

But going to homecoming means buying my first formal anything ever. Because I've never been to a wedding, my middle school graduation was casual dress, and my previous high school only had Homecoming and Prom. So this will be an experience. My parents are teasing me about all of this as well. Yes yes, I'm growing up, and will leave you in two years, but really, I'd think you'd be happier with the fact that you won't have any kids in the house once you're 36 and 38. I don't think that's anything that happens that often.

Now I am going to go, because while I may have been in super work mode yesterday morning, I have yet to take a shower today, and I think I need one. And I probably should study.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

3 comments:

Marisa said...

No one goes to our homecoming dance. A few of us went last year...it's not even formal anymore. So all we have is prom and that's for juniors. I don't care about any of that stuff.
There was a formal dance in eighth grade though.

anne said...

Have fun! I am not a fan of homecoming. It's right after the football game at our school and I'm like...dood I'm sweaty. So, then I go home haha :).

Jessamyn said...

@marisa My new school is supposed to have an amazing homecoming, and if I had gone the for either of the past years at my old school, I might not go this year. But I'm going because I've never gone to anything formal, and I figure I should at least see what's going on before I turn it down.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)