Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last First Day of School

Today was my first day of school.

At my school, the first day is basically a whirlwind of 15 minute classes, and freshmen who don't know where to go clogging the hallways.

So here was my day at school:

AP Econ:
Approx class size: 20 students. Turn in summer homework, chat about how it's most of the class's first AP class. Then talk amongst friends. There are five kids in band in my class, which is wonderful, because I am sitting next to Pauline. Last year, I didn't have friends in Social Studies until nearly halfway through the year.

AP Lit:
Approx class size: 35 students (all seats full). We filled out contact/about you notecards for our teacher. Summer homework was not collected. Teacher spent the majority of the class just talking about life and stuff. Nobody I was friends with in AP English last year is in my class.

AP Music Theory:
Approx class size: 3 in AP, 15-20ish in MT I (all seats full). Yes, so the teacher took attendance, thuroughly confused me by not calling my name, and then he informed me there was another sheet for AP kids. Up until that point, I thought there were really that many kids in AP MT xD He's a really funny guy. And I really want to know what class is going to be like with the two simultaneous classes going on.

Individual Sports:
Approx class size: doesn't matter. I had the teacher sign my exemption form. Tomorrow I will turn it into the counselor and enroll in foods I.

Band! (two periods):
Approx class size: 130 students (we doubled and barely have enough space in our room!). Since we had a half hour, Ms E actually got a lot done. We have two days this week before a parade on Saturday. We haven't practiced parade marching at all. Oh boy.

AP French:
Approx class size: 15 students. I think that after a couple weeks, we will be expected to parler francais seulement pour l'anne. Je vais mourir! Also, everything is to be typed. I don't know how to insert the accent marks (which is why that probably won't work in a translator if you try it) in a word document, nor how to switch the language to french (so that the whole doc isn't underlined in red). We were given our first assignment, due on Monday that we will be working on in class all week. We were informed that we must purchase a $40 book for the class. Outlook not good.

AP Calc BC:
Approx class size: 20 students. The teacher is hilarious, and was unable to take attendance because he talked for too long. This will definitely be a fun class. And unlike last year, I have an established acquaintance going into the class. My friend Kendra's friend who I have met once before is in the class, and she didn't seem to have any friends in the class either.

And then after dinner, I went to Walmart to buy school supplies. I now posses three beautiful binders that I will most definitely be investing the time in making a good cover to go in the slip... Particularly considering all of them but my french binder are pure white and of the same size.

Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least. I'm definitely going to get pulled out of class by my counselor at some point during the day, and I have so much to do in the morning that I'm not sure I'll get it all done (get a signature from the athletic's department then drop off the form in the counselor's office, drop off my instrument and music, and drop of my binders). There's a good chance I will have to wait to drop off the binders until after 1st period. I might even be lucky to get the athletic director's signature... Arg =/

That's all folks
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: Marisa, I replied about the summer homework on my last proper post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)