Sunday, August 7, 2011

Senior year

The fact that I am going to be a senior is hitting me like crazy right now.

Senior photos, college applications, college essays, homework that I have only a week and a half left to do, senior lunch option, band camp, not being able to get a parking pass, looking for audition music... All of these things just made it hit me that I will be a senior in just ten days.

I don't want to take senior photos. I hate photos, but I have to because it's for the stupid year book. I like it better when I can just sit, get my pic for the yearbook, then go eat lunch.

College applications and essays are just honestly scaring me right now. When am I going to have time to do them? What do I talk about in those essays? Who am I gonna use for recommendations? AHH!

Homework status: halfway through econ book and questions. Still need to do rest of econ, four passages of french, and read and annotate a book for English with a review. Ten days left. My goal is to finish econ today. Although I might do french instead...

Senior lunch option costs 25 dollars. There will be no point though, because I have no way to leave school, and I won't even be able to use it until marching season is over in October.

Band camp was just madness. Half our band is freshman (total band size, 130 students. We no longer fit easily into the band room). At the part at the college in Wisconsin for three days, every single senior had fits of "I'm never going to do this again" that I didn't experience, because it was only my second time at camp, and I'd basically wiped my first experience out of my head (because it was simply bad). They had all the seniors take a picture together before we left. On the way back home, all of the seniors on my bus sat in the back and talked about how weird it was to be seniors now.

I can't get a parking pass, because my dad says that $150 and random drug testing in order to be able to take one car (the pass is a sticker) to school on rare occasions (I would have to get the car from my mom) is ridiculous. I do see the random drug testing as a bit of a stretch, but there really are days that having a car would make my life way easier. I have to stay after school a lot simply because I wouldn't be able to get a ride back for jazz band or extra marching rehearsal or winter guard. Also, there is no point to having senior lunch option if I can't go anywhere, because all of my friends are gonna be sophmores, so I'd have no one else to swindle into doing SLO with me on random days.

And then audition music. Some schools start auditions in December, others don't start until March... And yet they already want you to start scheduling them NOW. That's just hella scary. I haven't even looked at any audition music. I'm still trying to figure out what they want you to audition on. =/

So there is the stress that begins senior year. This year is going to take forever.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)