Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still

You Vs. Your Parents

I consider myself an alien in comparison to my parents. I mean, ignore the extremely Finnish face when there are no glasses, the glasses, the green eyes, and the Mormon nose. And perhaps take into account that I emulate my father in musical taste to an extent, and that I've known since almost day one that I wanted to be a teacher (my mommy has worked in the day care business for a very long time). And fine, I might give you that I politically lean the same way as my parents (left side). BUT WE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

My dad gets annoyed with little things about me like my fingernails. He hates that I wont clip them or file them, because I simply see no point. He says it's a bad reflection on him if I go out looking the way I do. May I please point you to the slutty girls at school, or the boys who all are showing off their boxers to the world. I am tame. Very tame. I reflect well on you by my personality. I think the only teacher I have that doesn't like me is my Chem teacher, and well really, I don't like her either so fair is fair.

My mother wants me to wear makeup, wear a bra instead of a cami, and basically become her vision of a girl. Which I find simply ridiculous. I don't really care about all these little things she wants. Clothes cost money, makeup costs money. Makeup takes away a load of time that I could use on the internet. And just throwing on jeans and a teeshirt means I don't have to worry about matching anything.

I really think I am different from my parents. Until I again notice the little things. We all are computer junkies. Steak must be on the rare side.

So I just left this for about an hour. Basically I still have no clue.
~Jess the Nerdfighting Band Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)