Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Favorite Things

Soooooooo...

Hi!

I just had a pretty awesome day. I saw a bird fly into a glass window (second time this year). I hung out with my best friend, I was indoctrinated into being a french horn player in class (halfway), and I spent the majority of my music lessons today working on music theory instead of musicality. A few of my lesson assignments: Sing this etude I've had for a while but can't get a few intervals, listen to the entire 1 1/2 hour long New World Symphony without any distraction (which is my favorite symphony), and write out the circle of fifths scales and then change the scales to two types of minors (I forgot which ones). It was a pretty awesome day for lessons. Oh, and I made a video response to Dan Brown about god. It's already posted, but it hasn't been processed enough for me to be able to post it as a response yet.

So the being a french horn player in class halfway... Basically I could be switched completely, except the other player in my class just got braces, and he's already a lazy ass so she needs me on harder songs. The songs more focused on musicality I will be playing on horn, because they are easier. So in the end, I'm playing horn in class that isn't crazy difficult for someone in their first year of playing, and at the same time, avoiding playing tuba on the songs that bore me to death. WOO HOO!

A bit of randomness. Have you ever looked closely at the lyrics of panic at the disco's "Build God, then We'll talk"?

Focus on this part:
Raindrops on roses and the girls in white dresses
And sleeping with the roaches and taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and before all the stains
And a few more of your least favorite things.

And realize that it's a shout out to the sound of music's song "My Favorite Things":
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string
These are a few of my favorite things

The little things are what make the world awesome =)
- Jess (Bob) the Nerdfighting Band Geek

PS: Bob is an inside joke with my friends

1 comment:

anne said...

Oh french horn, I should technically be able to do that...but I am super lazy.
Anyway, your posts are always super interesting.
-Anne a fellow band geek

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)