Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Laptop

I need a new laptop.

I've had my macbook for five/six years. The keyboard has enjoyed malfunctioning on me for the last two of those years, keeping me from being able to type with spaces, backspaces, and various symbols from time to time. I keep an extra keyboard under my bed for when I have to write a paper and my laptop decides it doesn't want me to.

My laptop is also falling apart (the glue is failing), held together by electrical tape in various parts, and other parts just show the inside by a sliver. I'm on my third laptop cord, and my second battery. The down and right keys were popped of by me long ago as a developed nervous habit in early middle school.

I know I won't get a new laptop until at least after this summer, because we have a lot of finance issues to think about with my dad retiring soon, and he and I going to college. I may even have to pay for it with some of the money I make working this summer.

But I'm still sad to think that this is the end of the road for my laptop. We've done so much together. We moved to Hawaii together, we discovered fanfiction together, we discovered youtube together, we wrote stories together, we made horrible videos that will not be discussed, we had skype chats with friends far away. It's a bond I can't say I'll ever forget. I wake up every morning, and if I have school, I shower, then turn on my laptop to play music while I get dressed. If I don't have school, it goes immediately on my lap so I can see what I missed every day.

It's so amazing that I can feel this attached to what is essentially a piece of plastic with metal and wires inside.

In other news, there is a hole outside in the yard. We think some bunnies have taken residence. However, now we have to figure out what to do with the dog, because we don't want her going in there after them while she's tied outside.

Also, my dad is making* me have some friends over so that we can try pork butt and a beef brisket. He forced me to clean my room because of it, which barely took an hour, but it's unnerving to see the floor of my room. I actually like hopping across the room in the morning, and it's such a habit that walking across my room normally is just creepy.

Anyways, 16 days until Maureen Johnson!
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek
*He literally told me, invite friends over, because we're not eating all of this meat by ourselves... so I guess it's a barbecue? I only have one friend who actually has asked her mom. Although one of my other friends lives right down the street, so if she's coming, she'd probably just have to tell her mom she's not gonna be at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)