Sunday, May 1, 2011

Effusive, Effervescant, Effective (not affective)

Question: Do all health teachers have racist and homophobic undertones come up while they tell stories, or am I just unlucky?

Really, I am waiting for the sex ed unit in earnest, which makes me sound like a perv, but I have reason. Basically, what I know to be the stereotypical health class tells you that:

1) Sex will kill you.
2) Sex will ALWAYS make you pregnant.
3) If you're LGBTQ, figure out what to do on your own/that's just WRONG.
4) Going along with one and two, condoms do not work.
5) If you aren't married, sex will scar you so much mentally that you might as well just go to the asylum now.

This actually was my middle school health class, because sex ed was brought to us by an outside catholic organization focused on abstinence, and slewing facts towards choosing abstinence. An excellent example of this would be the statistic that condoms only work 75% of the time when being used properly.

I think I've said something regarding this before, but it's popping into my head right now, as the current lesson is: walk outside without SPF 50 and you will DIE.

Anyways!

Random awesome thing:


Everybody needs friends like this. EVERYBODY.

And once all this AP stuff is done I'm baking. There will be cake (perhaps of the cup variety) and brownies and cookies. I'm planning on blowing a lot of money on this.

And now I just spent far too much time thinking about how I will get it all to school. THAT IS FOR LATER!

And now, back to far too much English.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: The title is just me practicing vocab haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)