Sunday, May 29, 2011

Things I'm Sick Of

I'm sick of gay being used as an insult.

I've honestly been sick of that for a while. In ninth grade I went on a tirade any time my friends used the word gay that way, and eventually they stopped, but honestly, not before they all knew I liked girls.

I'm also really sick of how anyone who is too different gets labeled as a freak by my dad. Or how the kids from my health class would say the word fag without a single thought about it.

Why can't people's attitudes change for the better? There is nothing wrong with being different, or being gay, or just really anything! People are so discriminatory. I just can't stand it anymore.

These people, I just want to throttle them. I want to tell them to fuck off, and stop insulting perfectly decent people. People who are probably a helluva lot nicer than they are. But I'm too quiet. The extent of my ability to stand up to anyone I'm not friends with is to tell the annoying kid to leave me alone. And I don't even do that well. I know you're not supposed to fight violence with violence, hate with hate, but I wish I could just beat these people up, or make them feel like I feel when I hear the word gay used as an insult.

There is nothing wrong with me just because I like girls.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)