Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lady Authors, and Stalking

I am possibly a stalker.

Or just obsessive. I am currently talking to Niki about the fact that I think that I am a creep as of late in regards to Maureen Johnson. I told Niki I may be an obsessed stalker, she responded with just a fangirl. Then I told her about looking up about egg substitutes (because apparently you can use bananas, and that would probably work better considering there hasn't been applesauce in this house since I was a little kid), and she said it just means I'm considerate. When I explained the other things I kept thinking about wanting to give her when I get my books signed she told me I might want to cut it down >_<

I. Have. A. Problem.

That's the thing, everybody has that one person that they put at the top of a mountain in their head, and mine just happens to be Maureen Johnson who I will be seeing in person and it's just exciting and nerve wracking. And I keep wondering if ten books is insane.

Really, the only thing that isn't making me worry like a boss is the fact that now I only have to get Lauren Myracle to sign my copy of Let it Snow. (side bar: apparently let it snow has been optioned to be a movie. YAY!).

I feel like making this list of awesome female writers, so here it is:
  • Maureen Johnson
  • JK Rowling
  • Gayle Forman
  • Elizabeth Scott
  • Suzanne Collins
  • Sarah Dessen
  • Ally Carter
  • Lois Lowry
  • Gabrielle Zevin
  • Catherine Murdock
  • Liza Campbell
  • Ellen Hopkins
And probably a lot of other awesome ladies I can't immediately think of.

Speaking of Elizabeth Scott, I just recently bought a new book by her to read, so I'm gonna go do that.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: BEDA/BEDiJ/BEDJ? I think June is a good month to blog.

1 comment:

Niki said...

CAMEO APPEARANCE!

I might do a BLODJ or something. Maybe.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)