Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A List of Awesome

People die all the time. But rarely are they as awesome as Esther. I didn't know her, but she meant a lot to a lot of Nerdfighteria. And so I am going to dedicate this post to her. RIP Esther.

A List of Things for When Your Day is Feeling Notsome
  • Blow bubbles
  • Draw with chalk, or crayons, or something else relatively childish.
  • Eat junk food. My personal preferences are frozen TGI Fridays appetizers, and Ben and Jerry's ice-cream.
  • Jump on a trampoline (perhaps a mini trampoline like maureen johnson has? =] )
  • Read a good book/fanfiction or watch a good movie
  • Read a cheesy book/fanfiction or watch a cheesy movie, and laugh at the cheesyness
  • Hug a teddy bear, or other close personal stuffed animal.
  • Jump rope
  • Go to a playground, and be a child (which means having fun like one, and begging your mommy for money for the ice cream man)
  • Dress in your PJ's all day (comfort is nice)
  • Or perhaps dress up in halloween costumes (silly is fun)
  • Play neopets, or a similarly addicting site
  • Indulge in your guilty pleasure (ex: I would read me some good ol' twilight, or watch secret life).
  • Hang out with your friends
  • Have intellectual debates on silly things with your friends (the oh so important Zombies Vs Unicorn debate!)
  • Watch youtube (the punishments are good to watch from the vlogbrothers)
  • Remember that for every notsome day, there are over 5 awesome days
Have a shower to take, and some reading to do before I go to sleep!
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: @Marisa, I am really interested in having a one on one conversation with you! We appear to have many of the same interests, and I like your blog, it is a totally awesomesauce type of random. However google doesn't make this so easy, so if you're interested comment and maybe we could figure something out?

3 comments:

Jess said...

Esther :'( <3

I've been crying so much today.

Jessamyn said...

@Jess *hug* she is either in a better place, has become a new person, or something else. But I have no doubt in my mind that she is somewhere not FTBA.

Marisa said...

I have MSN? The Instant Messaging thing. No Facebook or any of that, though.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)