Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reading, Reading, READING

Reading. So much reading. I am like the reading zombie.

Let's see a tally of all I have read/will read today:
  • Finished Devilish (it was wonderful, and I want to read suite scarlet, but I must read the hunger games series first)
  • 35 Pages of my textbook Ancient Rhetoric for English (it was interesting, but all the greek and latin has been confusing)
  • Nine pages of A History of Western Society (still to be read)
  • Four pages from Sources of the Western Tradition (it's a passage called the Prince, written by Niccolo Machiavelli), also attatched to this is to draw a picture based on a quote, that I will likely do during lunch tomorrow, because due to the freshmen I get an extra 30 mins tomorrow (and I normally just read while I eat anyways)
Oh yeah, today was/is a day of reading. At the very least though, I know the Western Society reading should be simple enough. And the same for the Prince (if I even read it tonight).

And of course, today, I forgot my wallet at home. This being after yesterday we went to wallmart to pull out cash so that I could eat lunch. Luckily, I had some cookies in my bag, and I ate those to tide me over until I got home. I've set an alarm on my phone: "REMEMBER WALLET" (I did this the last time I had to print something, and it is very effective). I also managed to oversleep by a half hour today, meaning I had to skip a shower, and left about five minutes later than I normally do for the bus. I'm gonna take my shower tonight just to be sure I don't do it again.

I dunno what I will be doing on the bus now that I've finished devilish, but don't have the hunger games yet. Will probably just end up reading "A Briefer History of Time" since my dad dug it out for me. I hate my physics class so far, and I probably will continue, because it seems so obvious at this point that I will be bored out of my mind. I mean, I like physics stuff. But I'm in the regular class, and keep finishing everything so fast that I have enough time to read a fair amount.

Oh, and the best thing about yesterday. My favorite fanfiction EVER, Once There Was A Darkness, was updated yesterday after a near two year hiatus. I squealed, which is a rarity for me. The author was one of the first fanfiction writers I ever read, and I found her again about six months later on a different site, and decided that this series looked interesting. I love it so much. I tend to hate Hogwarts era stories, but then my favorite fanfictions are almost all ones that explore that era well. For example, one of my other favorite stories is In the Words of Ginevra Molly Potter, which is an exploration of the entire series from Ginny's POV, without ever touching cannon, and in some cases elaborating. OTWAD does the same, but with a unique character, adding huge amounts of depth to everything and I love it.

Quite obviously, I recommend that if you read fanfiction and you haven't read this yet, to go to HPFF and read it. Maybe you won't love it like I do, but if you don't even like it, there will be a chance of me hunting you down with a pitchfork. Small chance, but a very real small chance.

Now I am going to go, and take a shower, then read my history stuffs.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)