Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today, and the Future

Oh my. So yesterday I just felt like crap. And today I didn't end up feeling at all like that, but things were a little crazy today.

First, we found out that my dad will be getting here about a day and a half earlier. And for a bit, we even thought he would be getting here tonight. Now I love my dad, but he can be a little crazy about how my mom and I keep the house, so there was that panic freak out as we attempted to clean. Then we figured out there was no way he could get here so quickly, and the panic faded.

Later on, I was showing my mom the live tweets from this incredibly nerdy wedding that Maureen Johnson was presiding over, which led to my mom learning about nerdfighteria, then asking what paper towns was about (my dad read it before), and so I think she might be reading that. Although, she said she'd read harry potter, liked it, and then stopped. I'm still a bit mad at her for that. Also, my mother completely approves if I when I get married, the wedding cake has mario and princess peach. I also discovered that my dad and mom got married wearing "dressy" Doc Martins and just a dress shirt (ie: no tux), and flowy pants respectively. People wonder how I turned out so strange, but they never seem to put my mom and my dad together when they think of me. Instead they see them as separate individuals in relation to me, and wonder how I got so weird.

Oh, and my mom pointed out the fact that we actually can fit a christmas tree in our house. For the first time in three years, there will not be a christmas air purifier! I know it's a bit far off to be thinking of, but we're mostly thinking of this in relation to the fact that my aunt and her boyfriend are coming for thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is always fun with them, because my aunt knits, reads and she's the one I talk to most. And then her boyfriend is British, which makes it a bit funny. Oh, and then my dad has someone to talk computer nerd with (I may be computer nerd to an extent, but not like these two).

And I know this post is already getting a bit long, but yesterday Kristina (ALL CAPS, and The Parselmouths) talked about where she sees herself in five and ten years respectively, so I thought that would be fun to talk about.

In five years: In five years I will be 20, and starting my senior year of college somewhere. Which is a bit crazy to think about. Due to skipping a grade, I will only have been able to legally drink for 2 to 3 months until graduation. I don't really feel young anymore after two and a half years of being ahead a year, but that certainly makes me feel young.

I really don't have any clue what I will be majoring in. I suppose I need to figure out soon, at the very least between music education and anything else. Because to get into the music program I need to audition. It just seems so hard. I've been telling people since I was in sixth grade that I wanted to be a band director, and for a very long time before that it was that I wanted to be a teacher. Either way, I've highly classified myself, which makes me feel stuck. I don't know if I want to be a band director, or a French teacher, or a writer, or if by being an undecided major for a while, I might find out something that I can be amazing at.

In ten years: In ten years I will be 25, and graduated for four years. Judging by the fact that I don't know what my major will be, I think it's obvious that I don't know what I'll be doing job wise. I might be in a serious relationship, or married, but that's a bit more towards the unlikely side. I mean, not crazy unlikely, but definitely towards that side. I hope that I'll still be in contact with my close friends from Hawaii. I'm making that one of my major efforts right now, and I really would like that to work out, because they all have different things about them that make them amazingly awesome, and I love them so much <3

That's about all,
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)