Friday, August 20, 2010

Relaxation

Okay! It's friday, I've got all of tomorrow to do my homework, the time of cheating has passed. Whew.

Yeah, basically, through a lack of doing any summer work properly, if at all, then being slightly behind in some subjects because Hawaii has different standards, has meant I've been a bit overworked this week. Basically, I've been getting home, watching my youtube and catching up on things I subscribe to, falling asleep somewhere inbetween, getting woken up at dinner, and doing my homework. I think my only truly free time I've had all week has been today on the bus to and from school, which I put towards reading Devilish by Maureen Johnson. So I cheated. I'm okay with it.

Tonight is my night to de-stress. Tomorrow is the day to do homework, and march a parade, and Sunday is going to be a complete day of rest. I refuse to do anything other than lie in my bed like a sloth. I think it's only fair. And tonight my dad is making steak. I haven't had a proper steak in ages, by which I mean that I haven't had any steaks from my dad since May, and his steaks are a staple of this family, as well as absolutely delicious. I'm quite excited, and feel no guilt over the cow that made this dinner possible. I also think I need a bath tonight. Just a quiet bath with no electronic distractions, smelly soap and a good book. Maybe with some ice cream as well (what can I say? I bathe in style).

Oh, and the house is going to be empty tomorrow, because my parents are going to ikea, but I'm staying home because otherwise I might not have been back in time for the parade. I like the house empty, and a nice quiet house to do homework will be, well, nice. Maybe I can make some brownies or popcorn or both.

I now realize that I am basically fantasizing about relaxing this weekend. If you were me you would be too.

Gonna either do some TV Tropes reading, take a nap, or finish my math hw, now that I have a calc.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)