Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two Big Days for News

So my friend stayed over last night, which was really nice, because I haven't really hung out with people much, and I'd been trying to get to spend time with her or Maddy for a while, but both were always busy. So I had a really great time watching friends, fringe, psych, spongebob, and iCarly. And playing puzzle pirates, and neopets, and her website that's similar to neopets. So it was all really great, and now she's on the train heading home.

Big two days for news though! First, did you hear about the crash with the busses and trucks? It's crazy to think I was on a band trip three days ago riding home, and we didn't crash, but the band kids from St. Louis did. And Kagen (probably now how her name is spelled) made it onto the supreme court. Emma Watson got a pixie hair cut, that I'm entirely unsure how I feel about. And of course, the most important is about California!

As a bisexual I am very much for gay marriage. So I'm really excited about California. I'm usually really excited when places legalize gay marriage (I mean, I was really happy about Argentina, and I'm not even sure I plan to go there ever in my life). And California is currently at appellate, and I am very sure this will make it to the supreme court. This basically means, that there is a good chance that because of California, the whole U.S. could be legalizing gay marriage soon! And I know some people don't agree with this (I even found out today that at least when I was younger, my dad didn't approve of it, and one of my friends posted a frowny face when I posted my excitement on facebook), because of their personal beliefs, and ideals. I completely respect your right to your opinions. But this is very important to me, and I will be so glad when I find someone, no matter what gender, and know I can marry them.

Alrighty, that's most of what I had to say today. Tomorrow will definitely be less big juicy in topics, I just thought that these two days have been insane for news, and 2/4 things that I talked about today will be another thing for future APUSH students to cram into their brains.

Gonna go watch some more Friends.
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: I totally started tearing up when I wrote the third paragraph... Just thought y'all should know about my embarassment!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yay for equality! I'm straight, but I'm also the "A" part of LGBTQIA :)

Marisa said...

I play Neopets too.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)