Friday, June 10, 2011

BEDiJ day 10

So don't tell my mom this, but I'm actually happy the doctor told her that she really needs to eat better... Because it means we have carrot sticks and grapes in the house.

I finished Gimme a Call, definitely a good book that I would definitely recommend. And thus, it is definitely getting signed on Monday... Assuming Monday happens, due to...

Dun dun da da! Good news!

I semi-sort of have a job! By semi-sort of I mean, I got a call this morning (and my phone decided to completely malfunction and not let me make or receive calls both times that I got called. My phone was basically only good for texting until about 11:30 when it randomly started working again), and when I called back I was told that they would like to offer me a job! But they need two references from me, as my English teacher and my Band Director did not reply back to them. So then I had the woman who I babysat for in the past when I had recently finished sixth grade (the amount of people I babysat after the 9th grade includes no one. Before that, it includes three people. It's just what happens when none of your parents' friends have kids, and you move around too often to keep contacts), and my used to be best friend, but as of late, really good texting buddy and reminiscence buddy's mom as a reference (I talk to her mom a lot on facebook, and I used to spend a lot of time at their house). My friend's mom actually called me back right after she called, and then proceeded to tell me, word for word, what she was asked and what she answered. Really, I love this woman =)

But how this affects Monday, is that I might be needed at the center near the naval base to fill out paperwork. What my mom is hoping, is that it's paperwork they have at the center where she works, so I can just fill out the paperwork there, and we can go straight to the signing after she's done with work. This plan involves me either taking the train to her sometime during the day, and then walking over to the center, OR me going with my mom to work, and then walking to the shopping center nearby to just hang out at starbucks and read (probably not anything fun, I really need to read my econ book so that I can just have it done, and finally be able to say for the first time in my high school career, that I have complete my social study's summer homework in June, rather than the night before it is due. I think it would be a good sign for me not getting a C in an AP history class for once).

Oh, and I realize that I have not told you yet that I got the stickers to give to Maureen Johnson (stickers and baking sounds more reasonable than a jar and baking, right?? Because I REALLY want to bake, and plus baking would also benefit the other two authors at the signing, not just her). These stickers include Spongebob (because it's a whole bunch of facial expressions, and Spongebob is awesome), Hello Kitty (because these were the only cat stickers I could find), and Star Wars (no explanation here, it's just Star Wars)

Right, this is a rather long post... Yay summer!
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)