Saturday, June 11, 2011

BEDiJ day 11

It may seem like the stupidest realization to make in the world, BUT I have finally realized why I have felt happy, and had so much energy lately.

1) I am getting all the sleep I need (admittedly, sometimes more than I need, but generally I'm asleep between 11:30 and midnight, and awake between 8 and 9, although today I got up at 11)
2) I have time to do chores when I am asked to do them, and because I don't actually have a zillion other obligations to worry about at the same time, I do them and it's actually relaxing. I find I actually like the house to be clean when it isn't one of a million other things to do.
3) No homework, or studying. These two things actually seem to be the major cause of my issues, because lack of time means lack of sleep and fun and time and proper eating habits
4) I am not eating a buttload of crap, and when I do eat crap, it is not me gorging, it's me just enjoying something sweet
5) I am getting exercise that does not include lugging around a 20 lb backpack (I have weighed it!)
6) I have time to read (which makes me think critically, and is something enjoyable) without having to do it while a health video plays in the background. I'd actually forgotten how good I am at reading books far too fast.

So yeah, those are just some of a lot of different reasons that I have found myself to be much more happy lately.

Oh, I've just thought of another one: Money is not an issue for fun things when 3/4's of your allowance don't go towards the purchase of school lunch - which actually is rather stressful surprisingly enough.

After I am done reading "The Off Season" by Catherine Gilbert Murdock I think I am going to read paper towns again, as I just watched a lot of the end of 2008 and the begining 0f 2009, and they talk about paper towns a lot and it makes me want to read it again... Also Looking for Alaska. This is why I buy books, to read for the rest of my life.

That's all for now I suppose... Um. I feel very uninteractive.

RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY: If you were to be a mythical/sci-fi creature (eg: unicorn, zombie, dragon, basilisk, mockingjay, vampire, whatever), what would you be, why, and during the ultimate fight for survival is it more important to be ruthless or pragmatic as a minority* mythical/sci-fi creature?

Best Wishes!
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*By minority, I mean like vampires are a minority (they tend to be pragmatic in the fiction I read), at the start of any zombie outbreak, zombies are a minority (until they take over being ruthless), or the jabberjays which became mockingjays were not ruthless, but not pragmatic but simply did what instinct told them to do, and survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)