Sunday, June 5, 2011

BEDiJ day 5

I hate it when you make plans with people, and they fall through.

It's one thing to say "I'm not sure I can do it, I have to do blah, blah, and blah, but I'll tell you if I can." It is another thing entirely to say "Sure, I just have to do blah blah and blah, but I'll totally be done in two hours." Tell me you might not be able to do it, don't assure me you will be able to do it. Don't have me ask you if you're done, and have you reply that you haven't even STARTED. RAAWRMONSTER.

I was going to go buy stickers at wally world too! Now I gotta try to go tomorrow, probably alone, in the hot sun, walking along a road without a side walk, and no company.

Speaking of friends who make me less angry, I am excited for Niki to be done with school. For one, this means kidnappings are far easier possibilities. For two, since I will *hopefully* be working over where she lives, on a five hour a day work schedule while my mom is full time, I will have a few hours to take the car to go just hang out.

I don't really have friends I can just hang out with any more. Even when all of my friends lived on a military base (a 20ish minute bike ride), hanging around doing nothing was never a big deal. We just had to either convince our parents to drive, just hang out after school, or convince a parent to let us drag someone with us when we went places. But now, here, when my friends are a 15 min walk away, probably less than 5 mins by bike, it is the biggest fiasco in the world to try and just hang out. Ridiculous.

I'm not bashing my friends, they're lovely people, I'm just used to having friends that are available.

*sigh*
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

PS: Marisa! If you want piano lessons, don't let thinking you suck be a barrier. That's the point of taking lessons, you get better. I have nil experience on piano outside of heart and soul, and I'm taking lessons in order to better myself and also because I need help with music theory. Not to mention, if you ARE doing something wrong, you can start fixing it. Also, I usually am of the opinion that I suck on tuba, but people tell me I'm getting better, I'm good, ect. If you don't put yourself in a position to improve, people don't tend to tell you things like that.

I apologize for that spiel, I just really believe in the importance of taking all the educational opportunities you can, and also, this. It is not about music, but it is about sucking!

Oh, and Marisa (you're just getting half of this blog post aren't you... really need a different way to communicating), I was idly google mapping people, and I included you. You are only three hours from my house, which seems very weird. Most of my friends are farther than that, and I haven't even met you in person haha.

I'm getting too good at this creepy stalker thing.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I think I know what video you linked me to, but I didn't check. Maureen filling in for John?
I AM going to get piano lessons. I have been planning it for a long time. I just don't know if it's right for me or if it will help me or not. I like to think I don't suck but it has always been, "I'm really good for someone without lessons." And I always thought I could be good WITH lessons, but it just seems easier...
I don't know what I'm saying, haha.

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)