Monday, June 6, 2011

BEDiJ day 6

Aaaahhhhh.

I have an interview. TOMORROW! I still need to write my resume (which includes looking up what my GPA is). And then the day after that, I'm getting my liscence*, and I still have to fill in my hours. And the worst part is, I've only JUST realized this.

Plus tomorrow, I have my first lesson with my new lesson instructor on tuba, which means that I will have to actually begin working on my music for IMEA** It also means that I will be working in my Arbans book again, for the first time since I lived in Hawaii. And it means having to explain my craziness with playing three instruments and wanting to teach and freaking out about college lessons and what music theory do I know and GAH!

I have the questions that they will ask me at my interview, they gave them all to us when we went to this meeting about applying (it's a teen hire program, so their goal is to give you real world experience and stuff like that, so they explained how to apply and stuff like that), and only one other person that I saw was actually writing down all of the questions. My problem with one of the questions is that they will be asking me to describe myself in three words.

Three words????

I can describe myself in a 1000 page book, but three words is just... And then I tend to think of words that won't get me hired like silly, and lazy. Or I think of words that I just feel don't hit me to a tee. So far the only word I have is motivated. I am very motivated to achieve my goals. I am also very motivated to achieve certain goals that I don't like in as easy a way as possible (such as passing my AP Euro class with a very solid C-***). But still, motivation is definitely there.

Would creative work? I think I'm creative. I write things and play instruments (this morning I played the hair brush tip being rubbed against the comb). Ok, so I am motivated, creative aaaaaaand.... smart? I dunno, that kind of makes me sound obnoxious. Let's think of something else.

I've just checked the actual paper I wrote the questions on, and it's three positive qualities. That gives a little wiggle room... Yeah, I shall figure this one out later.

As I read through these questions, I find myself making a lot of jokes. I'm not sure if they're good jokes though, just I feel awkward jokes.

This post is starting to get long, and I do really need to write my resume (funnily enough, I don't know if I actually NEED a resume, but I am making one, just in case. It will stay in a folder in my bag so I'm not the idiot who brought I resume when we didn't need one. Gah *headdesk*

Adios
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*License is just one of those words I never spell right the first time. And as of late, I've been writing it a lot.
**My music for IMEA is evil. It has a LOT of sixteenth notes for a tuba. Most of the music I have with sixteenth notes is actually for trombone****, but this is for tuba.
***The only C's I ever get are in history classes. I don't like history, it's either really boring and easy, or it's an AP class that feels like a million details that will NEVER come up.
****I transpose down

PS: To Marisa again. Yes that was the video. And the only way lessons can make you a worse player is if you have a really bad instructor. And even then, you learn how not to play, and learn the life lesson of getting out of bad situations. And if you do suck, you'll get better and better until you are amazing. I BELIEVE IN YOU! *falls over*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)