Sunday, June 19, 2011

BEDiJ day 19

Eh, it was a post on the right day...

Anywho!

I spent almost all of yesterday driving. See, my parents let me go to the park nearish to my house with my friend Rachael, and it is far enough away, yet close enough that I got to drive there. Then everything ended really early because only 6 of us turned up out of the nearly 15 people who said they were going to come. So I asked my mom if I could go to the gas station down the road from us, and she said yes. I decided that since I this would be my last bit of driving for the day I would take the long way with stop lights (shhhh), and then Rachael and I hung out at my house for a while (mostly because I missed the turn into her neighborhood, but whatever, it's hard to see street signs!)

I gotta say, Rachael is really bad at video games, I won't deny it, and she blatantly complains about it. But she lets that keep her from trying again. The thing with video games is that you can't just quit when you're not doing well. You're supposed to get extremely angry and keep playing until you throw the remote at the tv (a benefit to the wiimote is most definitely the strap). I remember playing super mario world for hours as a kid. In general I never got past the first island (I always started a new game), because I was afraid of the ghosts, but at least I know that because of that I got good. It makes me sad that Rachael won't let me guide her that much. I'm almost positive that the only reason I got good with video games was because my dad dragged me along while playing lego star wars... And because I had a GBA, and really, I was playing all the time. But still!

So while Rachael was over, my parents walked to "beach fest" which is basically just a really lame way of trying to fix not having an ocean nearby. And my mom told me that when I go drop off Rachael at home to go to walmart and drop off our red box dvd. But we were still playing mario kart when my parents got home, so when I left to go drop of Rachael and the movie my mom decided to make me go get salsa from this local taqueria we eat at a lot, but get chips from walmart, so I dragged Rachael along for all of that as well (cuz I certainly wasn't going to do all that alone). So yeah, that was fun. First day with my license and I got to drive around a lot, and with the exception of in one case going about 5 miles under the speed limit (out of immediate fear of "I am driving by myself for the first time"), I think I did well.

Oh, a fun fact gleamed from yesterday, my dad got his first ticket in the first week that he had his license xD He says I'm not allowed to get my first ticket till my second week. Good job dad.

But after that busy day I spent today in bed watching youtube (after getting up early to make dad breakfast for father's day... generic brand pancake/waffle mix from walmart is really good for pancakes, and really bad for waffles) and listening to Molly Lewis sing about a deranged astronaut. And then after dinner I watched the third Indiana Jones movie with my dad, which means that tomorrow while I do my "last day of freedom before having to go in for work daily" video game binge (which should include portal 2 co-op with the lovely Niki*), I will be playing more lego Indiana Jones.

Hope you've had a lovely day celebrating your dad's sperm (or ability to fill out adoption paperwork and pass government inspection)!

~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

*Neither of us has mics, but we've managed to do well without them, except for in one circumstance where I had to call her because we were failing at using the stupid timers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should comment. Or not. It depends. Are you awesome? I think you're awesome. In that case you should comment. I'll probably comment back =)